I was able to make some progress this weekend, my parents were visiting so I enrolled them. We completed the frame:

We completed the wiring connecting each paralellogram. Notice we couldn’t use the standard connectors, because each pair of triangles is separate from each other:

We did a quick test with the actual Nanoleafs, confirming that all wires are right:

And last, we put it all together:

I love it!

Next steps:

  1. Build a frame (wooden likely so it is sturdy)
  2. Paint
  3. Hang!


Nanoleafs can be programmed and it ships with multiple integrations. One of them is with IFTTT, which opens the door to innumerable options. There’s also a (beta) API. Stay tuned!